What a full year 2012 has been! I cannot believe how many amazing things I have done and been a part of!! Here’s a quick review of some of them:
- Started my first blog - At the Lamppost
- Visited the Newseum and Spy Museum
- Dan and Eva moved in with Vander and I
- Got a promotion
- Watched Discovery land at Dulles
- Grew a veggie garden
- Started the VA Wine geocaching trail
- Wrote book reviews for some favorite authors
- Visited family in Oswego and hiked the barrier wall to the lighthouse
- Read lots of fantastic books! (see sidebar for some of them)
- Got over 100 geocaches in one day!
- Visited ThinkGeek HQ and participated in lightsaber training
- Saw my first Broadway play (Newsies)
- Got engaged to my wonderful fiancé Dan
- Awesome vacation to St. Maarten
- Got to speak with an astronaut
- Bottled whiskey
- Joined the VA Wine Mafia!
- Began planning a wedding
- Became a volunteer at Friends of Homeless Animals
- Finished writing a new course manual at work
- Sold my first handmade craft
- Met my new “niece” Arianna
- Made lots of new friends at the vineyards
- Had a wonderful holiday season with friends and family
If this year was not so wonderful for you, keep your chin up. I can attest to the fact that things turn around, and even this year was not without difficult struggles for me.
You can try to blame hard times on one thing or another, but really, life always cycles up and down, regardless of a person’s status or religion. All any of us can do is become stronger with each struggle and make the most of each moment of joy in our lives.
Have a fun, safe New Year’s Eve, and may 2013 bring us all more knowledge, personal growth, and memorable adventures.
You had such an exciting year lady! Congrats on all the wonderful and exciting things that happened this year and cheers to 2013!ReplyDelete