Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let’s Get Together, yeah, yeah, yeah…


Wow, was President’s Day weekend a busy one! Sitting at my new dining room table, my eyes keep wandering to the enormous bookcase in the living room, and the song “Let’s Get Together” starts echoing through my head. If you do not remember this song, it is from the movie The Parent Trap – the Hailey Mills version, not the horrid 90’s remake.

To give you some context on why a bookshelf reminds me of a Hailey Mills song, it is because Dan moved in this weekend! Hurray!! No more four hour trips to and from Richmond! (No offense to all my friends and new family down there, but I am sure you all understand the joy of being closer to your boyfriend/girlfriend.)

The biggest part of the move took place on Saturday. Luckly, Dan and I had been bringing boxes up during our visits for the last month, so all that remained were big pieces of furniture and the odd and ends. With a little extra help from my dad and Dan’s parents, everything was inside the townhouse in under an hour. :D

With the move complete, we spent the rest of the weekend unpacking and organizing. For two people with very different design styles, our belongings mix very well. The living room bookcase is one example. With a little patience and endless chanting of the alphabet, Dan and I managed to combine our DVD collections and fill five of the bookcase’s six shelves. That’s a lot of DVDs, right?! The other incredible thing is that on those five shelves, there is not a single duplicate movie. (Heehee… I think we have a lot of movies.)


Looking at that bookshelf covered in DVDs, I cannot help but smile while the lyrics “Let’s get together. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Why don’t you and I combi-ine.” play through my head. I am delighted and fortunate to have a boyfriend who is happy to combine his styles with mine.

“Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah. Two is twice as nice as one. Let's get together, right away. We'll be having twice the fun…”


If you want to see a clip of the song, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtyAC59AeE.

No comments:

Post a Comment