Monday, October 20, 2014

Jax’s First Winery – Stone Tower Winery


Even before I was pregnant, I looked forward to the day when I would be able to start taking my kid(s) to vineyards with me. When Jax turned one month old, Dan and I thought it was time to take him on his first winery visit. Because he was so young, we decided to stay close to home. There are numerous vineyards close to our house, but we decided to try Stone Tower Winery, since we had never been there yet.


Stone Tower Winery has a variety of red and white wines, and Dan and I chose to do the reserve tasting so we could try more of them. Our tasting started with some very bubbly sparkling wine, which seemed fitting as a way to toast Jax’s first wine trip. Another white that I enjoyed was the estate chardonnay, which we ended up getting a bottle of. Among the reds, I liked the 2012 Sanglier Noble’s fruity scent and spicy taste.


After our tasting, we went to the patio where we shared wine and snacks with some of the VA Wine Mafia who were able to join us for the afternoon. The food and drinks were delicious, and Jax enjoyed meeting some of his Wine Mafia aunts and uncle.



Unfortunately, it was a hot hot day out, and as there was no AC running in the tasting room, we had to cut our trip short when Jax started to get too warm. It was still a fun visit, and we look forward to taking Jax to more vineyards in the future. :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. The dining area is on the main floor and there is a staircase to an open bar at location for vows with several high tops scattered about for the event.

    ReplyDelete