Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History"


March is almost over, and I have been thinking more about Women’s History Month and all the women whom I admire. Some are well-know, and others are not. Each works to accomplish something different; and none of them, I’m sure, are perfect. I admire these women because they are real. I love what makes them individuals, and I appreciate how some of them have not settled for society norms.

Here is a list of some women I admire (and this list is always growing):
  • Maria Rodale

  • Zooey Deschanel

  • Whitney Cummings

  • Sheryl Sandberg

  • My Grandmothers, Aunts, cousins, and girlfriends

  • Co-workers and team leads

  • L. M. Montgomery

  • Louisa May Alcott

  • Audrey Hepburn

  • Annie Oakley

  • Corrie ten Boom

If you did not realize it was Women’s History Month, never fear, you still have the rest of the week to celebrate – though there is no reason to confine your celebration to one month. :)

Always love what makes you YOU, and learn to admire the individuality of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment