Friday, January 20, 2012

Four Vineyards and a Wedding

Last weekend, my boyfriend, Dan, and I met in Charlottesville, Virginia to attend a wedding for two very awesome people. I had visited Charlottesville once before and had been looking forward to visiting again. Apart from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, my favorite aspect of the city and surrounding areas is the plethora of vineyards.

For those who are just getting to know me, I am a huge fan of visiting, supporting, and (of course) drinking at Virginia vineyards and wineries. I have only been wine hopping for two years and by no means consider myself an expert. However, I have learned my favorite varieties and how to appreciate the art and creativity of winemaking.

Our friends held their ceremony and reception at a vineyard just outside of Charlottesville called King Family Vineyard. The reception house was spacious and welcoming with rustic white barn doors and a big stone fireplace. Yeah!

The night was filled with fun music, delicious food and drinks, and the best of company. I think everyone in attendance would agree that the biggest hit was the tomato bisque soup that came in shot glasses topped with mini grilled cheese sandwiches. James and Dani – you guys get major points for having those at your wedding. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the tomato bisque shooters, but someone did get a shot of Dan and I dancing. LOL

The day after the wedding, the newlyweds decided to invite everyone from the wedding to join them on a wine tour of the countryside. We visited three vineyards that day: White Hall (their Touriga wine, which is made from a Sardinian grape, was delicious), Afton Mountain (Dan and I’s favorite), and Veritas (which had the best front porch ever!). Needless to say, the day was a smashing success. We had a blast relaxing and enjoying the wonderful company of old and new friends. We also stocked up on enough wine to last us a couple months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment