Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy National Puppy Day!


I just found out that it is National Puppy Day! So, of course, I have to use today’s post to celebrate my wonderful puppies, Vander and Eva. :)

After waiting 24 years for a dog, I knew the moment I held him that Vander was going to be my dog. I had searched long and hard for a dog of my own, and I when I learned his puppy name was “Frank Sinatra,” I took it as a sign that we were destined to be together. (Frank Sinatra being one of my favorite singers)


Watching my fluffy, wiggly puppy turn into a big fluffy puppy has been one of the most fulfilling things I have done yet. Vander has been my one true companion for the last four years, during which his adorable, happy face has carried me through a lifetime of difficult days. He is not always an angel – like the day he tore a hole in my mattress. However, his unending devotion far outweighs his imperfections. Here are a couple cute shots of Vander:


When Dan moved in, I got to add another puppy to my family. Beautiful, intent Eva is a four year old Basenji-mix, with the bounciest waggy tail ever! She is both a hunter and a cuddly cat, and Vander has enjoyed having her around just as much as I have. Meet Eva:


There have been many other dogs in my life, though I did not own them personally. In fact, while I was growing up, I was more likely to know my neighbors by who owned what pets, than by actually knowing my neighbors’ names. LOL

I am also the proud aunt to my friend’s three dogs – Crash, Lexi, and Tobi – who are just as wonderful as their mother/owner. :)

As you go about your evening, think about all the cute, fuzzy, memorable puppies in your life. You may only have known them for a moment, but that does not mean you cannot love them for a lifetime!


Favorite Dog Quotes (given to me by a best friend):
“Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.”
“My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.”
“The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment