Thursday, November 1, 2012

Marathon of the Mind and Fingers


I’ve done it! I have signed up for my very first NaNoWriMo!! Woot!!

What is a NaNoWriMo?
In short, NaNoWriMo is a marathon of a writers mind and fingers. For the month of November, writers from all over the world sign their souls over for a month of literary writing. The goal of each writer is to complete 50,000 words of a novel. The authors can choose whether the novel is finished or if they will add more to the story at the end of the month. They do not have to worry about editing, rewriting, or any such polishing of the novel. The point is quantity. Reach the 50,000 word mark, and you will have accomplished your goal. You can find out more on the main website or on the wiki page.


Now that you know what NaNoWriMo is, you are probably wondering if I will be able to pull off this ambitious undertaking. To be quite honest, I am not sure I will be able to myself. However, I am ready to at least put forth a very gallant effort to accomplish this momentous word marker.

Even as I type, my mind is whirring with excitement, and I can feel my imagination gearing up in anticipation of plaiting a new story from the depths of my mind.

I am sure that in a few days I will be crying in frustration, swearing at my keyboard, or berating my exhausted, yet inadequate, creativity. It is that upcoming day during which you can encourage me to continue, yell at me for even thinking of giving up, laugh at my ridiculous undertaking, or whatever combination that might suite you.

I shall leave you at this point and foray into the writing world.

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment